02 – 03 Apr 2022
This high performance driving school will benefit anyone who wishes to improve their driving techniques. The successful student is eligible to apply for a novice racing license with CACC or ICSCC. The course is open to anyone with a valid, full driver’s license (no L or N).
Classroom sessions (Saturday, 02 Apr 2022): Howard Johnson Hotel, Elk Lake Room, 4670 Elk Lake Dr, Victoria, BC
Track sessions (Sunday, 03 Apr 2022): Westshore Motorsports Park, 2207 Millstream Rd, Victoria BC
Note – Classroom sessions are not optional. A no-show for the Saturday classroom sessions will not be permitted on track Sunday.
Day one is a classroom day and the student will be taught by certified racing instructors on all aspects of car racing in the Pacific Northwest. Day two is held at Westshore Motorsports Park and is an all day event with VMSC racing instructors teaching practical HPDE techniques in progressively faster course layouts. To secure a spot, fill out the application on the link below.
Please read the list below for required equipment for both car and driver. If you have questions regarding this course please reach out to us on the Facebook page.
All registration is done through MSR. Registration and full event details are at the link below:
2022 Race Driver Training – MSR Registration
REQUIRED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT:
- Helmet conforming to Snell M2010 / SA2010 or newer.
- Wearing apparel of cotton or wool, under and outer wear.
- Open top vehicles: Goggles, helmet shields, or full visor. Safety glasses permitted in closed cars with windshields only.
- Flexible, closed toe shoes.
- Seat belts for driver and passenger conforming to Transport Canada MVSR 209 OR SFI 16.1, in two-seat cars.
- Competition style roll bar in open cars.
- Tires, brakes, steering, and suspension in excellent condition.